Benefits of the asana
- For back pain, sciatica pain varicose veins
- This asana ensures efficient functioning of the
digestive systyem preventing constipation, reducing
- Effective for diabetic people.
Description of the asana
To perform this asana successfully, concentrate on
every muscle being exercised, try to remain relaxed
- Lie face down with your forehead resting on the
mat, your legs out behind you, the soles of your
feet facing upward and your arms by your sides,
palms downwards. Strech your neck, pushing your chin
as far forward as possible, so that it rests on the
mat. Brethe out slowly.
- Breathe in, and leaning slightly on your left arm,
contract the muscles in the small of your back and
lift your left leg. It is important to keep your
pelvis on the mat and not to twist it and to keep
your left arm from shoulder to fingertips firmly on
the mat. Keep your left leg straight as you lift it.
Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower your
leg as your breathe out. Repeat with the right leg.