The most common of all liver ailments, this
results in an increase in the bile pigments and bilurubin in the
blood, giving the skin and mucus membrane a yellow tinge. And is
called `Kamala' in Ayurveda.
- Extreme weakness
- Severe headaches
- Yellow discoloration of the eyes, tongue, skin and urine
- Dull ache in the liver region of stomach.
- Possible itching all over the body
- Excessive circulation of pitta (bile pigments) in the
blood. Occurs when there is any obstruction in the bile
duct or impairment of the functions of the liver or
excessive destruction of the red blood cells.
- Ailments as typhoid, malaria, yellow fever, tuberculosis
affect the liver to some extent
- Viral infections.
- Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Ghritkumari (Aloe vera)
- Kakmachi (Solanum nigrum)
Go for the boiled & spice
less diet. With vegetables- radish leaves, tomato,
lemon . And dry fruits- dried dates with almonds
Have plenty of sugarcane juice,
orange juice, bitter Luffa and barley water. This
enhances urination which helps eliminate excess bile
pigments in the blood.
Back to Ailments